Nhulunbuy and Gove Peninsula Fishing Charters
1) Does Nhulunbuy fishing charters rely on the tides?
No the boat ramp and fishing facilities in Nhulunbuy are great in any tides. OBJ Fishing charter can leave on any tide. It doesn't matter if it is low or high tide our charter boat is versitile.
2) Can children go on the OBJ fishing charter?
Of corse they can enjoy the fishing charer as well, as long as they are under parental supervision at all times. The charter boat has a large canopy to protect them from the hot Nhulunbuy sun, there is stairs at the front and rear to help them get on and off the boat. The experience is for everyone young and old.
3) What is the maximum number of anglers on the boat?
OBJ Nhulunbuy Fishing Charters can take up to 8 anglers on the charter boat Port Diver.
4) Can I book as a single angler for a fishing charter?
You sure can, however as we need 4 anglers to run a charter, we will marry you up with a charter already going. If there is no charter booked we will do our best to find you a goup to join. Once we have the numbers a confirmation email will be sent.
5) What if it rains?
Nhulunbuy is in the tropics so we do encounter rain, which usually makes the water calm and the fish bite. With our charter boat Port Diver having a full canopy we are able to fish and stay relatively dry. If it is too dangerous that it would make the charter unsafe, we will postpone the departure till the weather clears or cancel the trip. If this happens we will contact all anglers prior to departure time and organise refunds or rebooks.
6) Is there any additional costs once we are on the charter?
No other costs envolved on our charters however if you are on the Exculsive Island Fishing Charter there is a bar on the island so you can purchase drinks/ cocktails whilst at lunch.
7) What accommodation is around Nhulunbuy and Gove Peninsula?
8) Can I bring alcohol on the fishing charter?
You can bring alcohol on board, we do ask that angles to bring cans where possible.
9) Is food included on the charter?
Lunch is included on the Exclusive Island Charter all other charters is BYO lunch and snacks. We do provide eskies to store any food bought along.
10) Where does the fishing charter leave from?
We do leave from Melville Bay boat ramp near Sea Swift however we can also do pick ups from the Boat Club.
11) Can I bring my own fishing gear on the charter?
If you have a lucky rod or lure bring it along. Just let us know you are bringing them so we can make sure we have room.
12) What else can you see whilst on the water in East Arnhem Land
There is an abundance of wildlife in the top end. We often see pods of dolphins, manta rays, turtles, sea snakes and many other varieties of sea life.
13) What can I catch on the fishing charter in East Arnhem Land?
There is a wide variety of fish in the gulf, so there is everything from Mackerel to Giant Trevally to Coral Trout and Golden Snapper. It will depend on the group and also on the moon phases as to what is going to be best for that day.
14) Do I need a fishing licence on the charter?
No in the Northern Territory there is no recreational fishing licence requirements. However we still have size and bag limits that we must adhere too.
15) What if I need to cancel the fishing charter?
If you cancel 7 days prior to the charter you will receive a full refund. If cancelled within 7 days but 24hours prior it is a 50% refund. If it is within the 24hours there is no refund.
16) Can I take fish home that I catch on the charter?
Yes you can take home fish that is caught on the charter and the skipper can clean them for a small fee.